Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 18, 19 & 20?

Ok, so I just realized that I missed Friday by accident so I'll just lump it all into the weekend and call it good.

Friday
Drove to and from school, then to and from my friend's place in Ballard. I had pizza twice because both times it was free, the second time it even had meat on it but it was only a couple hours from the weekend so I called it good. I mean, how am I going to turn down free pizza? I'm sure the both and creation process make plenty of carbon though.

Saturday
I did a lot of sitting at home and doing nothing, but that's good because low carbon, right? I did drive into town then home again, but it was for my Dad's birthday dinner so I can't really say it would have been legit to skip that sort of thing. I had some awesome food, which included meat, however it was all supposedly grown locally. Within 360 miles of the restaurant, apparently. Other than that I spent most of my time at home eating left overs and trying to fight off the urge to cook the pound of bacon I have left in my fridge from last weekend.

Sunday
So I did plenty of driving. I went to Issaquah, then somewhere else in Issaquah, then one more place, then came home. The first one was my buddy and I looking around for a supposed hiking trail which we had no luck finding, then we gave up on that and went to Tiger Mountain instead and hiked 8 miles. That was good times, my legs aren't even that sore... well except for the blister. Then we went to XXX Burger and got some giant burgers with even bigger 22 Oz. mugs of rootbeer. A perfect way to counter hiking up a mountain, calorie wise.

In recap I'm sure it was a heavy carbon weekend for me, but I can't really say that's too unusual. Avoiding meat on the weekdays is getting easier, but I'm also starting to doubt that it will actually make that big of a difference in my carbon footprint once I go back and do the calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment