Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 24

As promised, here is another thrilling installment of "Oh God, Why Did I Give Up Meat?" Now as I've said before it isn't actually all that bad, the most difficult part is finding things at school that don't have meat that aren't just chips or other things that are equally horrible for you. Going out to eat can be a bit difficult as well since they tend to put meat on everything, including the salads, and you know I can't really blame 'em for that. Who wants to eat a big bowl of dry leaves? Speaking of salad, I had one of those yesterday with a little bit of bacon and some chicken. I know it's meat, but I didn't really want pancakes for lunch again so I decided to say F-it and go for the salad. It's mostly non-meat, so that counts, right?

I had to drive a bit extra yesterday, to meet my mom for lunch so I could get that salad that had meat in it. I also ended up ordering a pizza for dinner, which of course means someone else had to make it, bake it, then drive it out to my house. So there's 800 tons of carbon going straight into my footprint, or is it gigatons? Whatever it is, I'm sure it wasn't very helpful to the world. I'll do my best to avoid getting pizza delivered from now on, and instead maybe swing by the Safeway or something on the way home and grab a pizza there instead. Saving the cost of someone making an extra trip out and back to my house.

I also had to fill up again yesterday, I suppose that in itself isn't too bad but it's always a good remind as to why driving is bad, mmk? I suppose if I have 40 grand or so I could buy an all-electric car and reduce my CO2 emission by 30%, since we're about 30 percent hydro here in the PSE district. Or I could walk 2 miles, ride a bus, walk a little more, then wait and ride another bus to school and work... I guess this is why I'm just driving my car. I will agree though that reducing your usage should be your first step to improving your carbon footprint or your energy usage. That's right, I just made a connection between Gail and Dave's classes.

Too good

No comments:

Post a Comment